20 January 2011

WILL YOU BE MY WOOKIE

[DISCLAIMER: This is the first time I've ever watched Star Wars... in my life - so I'm going in order of Episode NOT release date. Fun times are ahead, don't be a spoiler, please - though Episode Three just cleared up a lot.]

Okay, folks. Let’s go... let's talk Episode Three.

(pic from WeHeartIt)

It was Tuesday night that Tator and I made ourselves cozy on the couch and I began to read the opening screen for Revenge of the Sith... blah blah blah... I do love how all these movies start out the exact same way. Anyways, it all comes down to this quote.

Yoda: Twisted by the Dark Side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... Consumed by Darth Vader.

And that just about summarizes it. Wow. Just wow. As the film began, I knew evil was looming everywhere as I knew something about this particular episode was going to go bad… and it did.

As the movie progressed and events unfolded, I was amazed at how opposite Episode Three was from Episode Two. In both there were exploding sound effects, light saber filled fight scenes and wonderfully crafted dialogue. However, the storyline that was revealed in this episode was crushing and hurt my heart, it did.

Episode Three tore my heart into little bits and pieces and then stomped all over them. STOMP – STOMP – STOMP – STOMP – STOMP. Better yet, I felt like my heart got pierced by a light saber. Okay, not really… but I was seriously sitting wide eyed, jaw dropped at how evil Anakin had become. The look in his eye when he’s fighting Obi-Wan and screams, “I hate you!” is devastating. And just for the record, they did a really good job at making him look all charred up… that was completely sizzling and gross.

Some things were cleared up, specifically who that Darth Vador fellow is and also why Yoda is so awesome. I remember thinking that I needed to look up a Yoda stuffed animal doll because I really enjoyed him in this Episode. Fighting and mentally, Yoda is above the rest.

On to Episode 4 today or tomorrow night… I look forward to how Padme’s two babies, Luke and Leia will fit into the storyline. Quite interesting, it will be.

SIGNED: MAY THURSDAY BE WITH YOU

2 comments:

mlg said...

I'm really loving your tweets/blogs about this journey. I'm not a huge star wars fan and I remember you telling me you had never seen it. But really enjoying this journey you are going through now. They are important films.

kh123 said...

I've never seen more than 10 minutes of any of them and although your blogs are inspiring, I can say I won't be watching them.