I found this site... Dear God, it's called. I soon discovered that I could spend many MANY a minutes time reading people's emails to God. People's stories amaze me. I love learning about where people have been and where they are now... what ticks them off about God and on the contrary what generates more love for Him. How I find myself in some of their words - full of question, hope, pain, gratitude. Here are six samplings that after reading are still simmering in my thoughts.
Dear God:
1. I have one word for you, dude: Vision. Having been in the ad game since the days when the right length pony tail got you an executives position, I can tell you a thing or two about your brand.
Firstly, your PR guys are bad for your image. No one wants to do business with hypocrites so until your boys in the robes can start behaving themselves, your organization is going to suffer image problems.
Secondly, cut the hair and lose the beard. I’m seeing a short back and side and at the very least a goatee for you.
Thirdly, the crucifix thing died when Madonna set them on fire for Pepsi. I’m thinking we go for a octagon in a nice shade of fushia.
Finally we need to condense the Old and New Testament into an online blog and YouTube a few miracles if you want to reach those selfish little Gen Y assholes. Those pricks live online and have plenty to go to confession for, but its gotta come to them so confesstube, may be something to think about. -Ieon Stellar, NY/USA
2. I’m not writing to ask ‘why’. Or to tell you I’m pissed off at you for this. Or even to beg you to take it all away. I’m writing to say thank you for giving me this chance to come to a new appreciation of my life, and the people I love. And I’m writing to ask you to help me discern what’s next, and to have the courage to take it on. -Jay, Shanghai/China
3. I tried to convince myself you weren’t real. If you were, I definitely wasn’t going to be let into your club. I earnestly asked you into my heart years ago, but apparently I was one of those guys that just didn’t get it. I didn’t fit into the church scene. I was too self-centered and untrusting to really let you in my life. I hurt inside and tried to mask it with irresponsible risk-taking, drinking, stealing, and sex. I was plagued by my past and the way that I had hurt my family and people who loved me...
I lived so long as the perpetual bad boy who was out to prove that I was unloveable. I was waiting for you to break me down and punish me for not giving in to your program. I was waiting for you to reveal the real me to the world - the liar, the thief, the hypocrite, and the addict - so I would get what I deserved and my worthlessness would be confirmed.
Then, the other day you showed your fierce, unrelenting love for even me. You showed me through a perfect storm of people, events and a book by Donald Miller. I cried like a baby for the first time in years. I felt clean and loved. I understand you a little better. I know you are not in the business of breaking me down into submission because you are the mighty creator. Instead you are my greatest help, my friend, my rock and my provider. You made a place for me and want me with you forever. That is everything to me today. Thank you. -Chris, Florida/USA
4. I sometimes feel that our relationship is one sided. Lately I’ve been feeling as though you have given up on me and have left me to drown in a sea of problems. I have always had faith in you, but I’m not sure that your on duty. I have had faith in you through my good as well as my bad but now I’m not sure you care enough to help those that are deserving of your help. Please come back!!! -Neesh, Boston/USA
5. My friends see the strength and power that I portray in every aspect of my life. They see the tough guy, the competitor, the athlete, the leader, and the student. All I really am is a kid desperate for a hug and for the joy of holding a girls hand again. -Brandon, Washington/USA
6. It is with a heavy, exhausted heart that I say, “thanks”. Deep in my heart I know that I am feeling exactly what I need to, in order to move into my next moment. Sometimes I try to force myself into the next moment quicker than time (your heartbeat) wants me to. You want me to enjoy and learn from each beat. I try, each day, I try. I am also trying to not turn the hands of time backwards.
I know, each moment is precious, and I thank you for that. That, and all of the people, experiences, good things and bad things that are part of each moment, I am thankful. From these people and things I learn - I try to take the good forward and leave the bad behind. -Steven, Dallas/USA
SIGNED: NEED I POST MORE... GO READ SOME STORIES.
No comments:
Post a Comment