I squint through skeptic eyes
On one side.
On the other side
Fear studies me back.
I feel my heart quicken
On one side.
On the other side
Fear motivates the growing anxiousness.
I feel my confidence stumble
On one side.
On the other side
Fear clings to my voiceless insecurities.
I fall to my knees overwhelmed
On one side
On the other side
Fear’s hot blinding light pierces through.
I kneel to get a glimpse of what is beyond
On one side.
On the other side
Fear shows me why I’m scared.
I tremble with clammy hands
On one side.
On the other side
Fear taunts and teases.
I breath deeply to gather my confidence and strength
On one side.
On the other side
Fear’s shining light begins to fade.
I grasp the doorknob with clammy hands
On one side.
On the other side
Fear is cold and diminishing.
I slowly turn and step through
The door that separates
My confidence and fear.
SIGNED: DOOR OF FEAR
1 comment:
Christin, I love your poem, it drew me in. I love how it comes full circle a deep learning and wisdom. And you photo, wonderful image.
Post a Comment