15 November 2007

SOUNDS OF MY SEASON

In honor of Rachel and her Top 10 lists of things- I am taking the time now to provide you with a list of my Top 10 Favorite Music Videos (applause).

Two for today... more to come!

Christina Aguilera "Come On Over" - This song came out when low rise pants were "in"... and there was no question that I was definitely "in" with this style too. This was also the time when having your belly button pierced was the thing to do - so all the navel decor is especially hot. In my in my late highschool and early college years I accustomed myself to both these hot styles wearing the latest and greatest to the Abilene "clubs". A favorite of mine was a black belly-baring halter top, criss crossed in the back that was worn with low-rise black pants... And yes, I DID wear the heck out of that outfit... just ask anyone that knew me then and they'll remember!

Every style that Christina pulls off in this video, from the pants to the hair- I absolutely adore (especially love the white, side-tie pants and the entire green look). Choreography in this video is mostly done with partners and provides excellent visuals using a combination of sequenced dance moves.



Kylie Minogue "Can't Get You Outta My Head" - However annoying this song is, the video was still one of a kind when it debuted. The video has a futuristic appeal. The dancers are dressed in all white and red attire and display a somewhat robotic- shimmy-shake style of choreography. I think the best scene is when the camera pans away from Kylie as she shimmy-shakes in a white, revealing hooded dress/smock.

The red outfits and "the this is what my dog wears after he/she is spayed/neutered" head coverings are quite an interesting touch... If someday (heaven forbid) you see me sporting a red dog hat because it's "in-style", just know that I was suckered in and conformed to god-awful fashion.

The final outfit/scene change has the best clothes and dancing... nice slow-mo effect on Kylie shooting back and forth with her and the dancers frozen in various dance counts... However, the bright light effect reminds me of the Lens Flare filter in Photoshop (overused!)



SIGNED: GOBBLE GOBBLE!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Lovely! I love how this is not only about the music but about the fashion ... in fact mostly about the fashion :)