21 November 2011

I DROP KICKED MY BLOG

This month (and a little of last) I completely drop kicked my blog out the window so I've decided to post a few pictures of what's been going on.

FIRST...tis the season!
Downtown Dallas is completely decorated. Last Saturday night was the City Lights celebration and apparently Santa zip-lined in to celebrate the event. The large Christmas tree is set up in Main St. Garden and across Main St. they've hung these massive color changing balls along with twinkle lights too. Neiman Marcus has their window displays up and an inside tunnel play area for the kids to travel through. Since my apartment windows face the direction of Neiman's, I can hear the music from their window displays all night... well, at least until about midnight (my boyfriend thinks it sounds like an ice-cream man's truck stuck on repeat). Here's a few photos (via Dallas Observer) from the streets.


SECOND... time with the girlfriends
My girlfriends and I went to brunch last Sunday at Taverna. I love this place and it was the perfect afternoon to sit outside on the patio. This weekend, after the City Lights Celebration we got together at Erika's apartment for a slumber party. Zuzana states, "Who says you can't slumber party after 25!". Chef Alecia cooked dinner and we sat around and "girl talked" until around 2am. It's always a good time with these girls >> Alecia, Erika, Zuzana and Carrie.


THIRD... work work work.
We're finishing up a trial in Sherman (about an hour from Dallas) and it has consumed a lot of my time lately. Thankfully they move to closings tomorrow and then I can enjoy Thanksgiving and a little bit of the holidays. I feel as if I haven't been at home that much and the sign in my pantry is quite appropriate, "WTF" it reads meaning... Where's The Food?! Unfortunately I have not had any time to go to the grocery store and get my main food items.. eggs, bananas, peanut butter... and then when I DO have time, I don't feel like driving there. You understand, right?

FOURTH... my dog is getting clothes.
I know right?! I've never really been FOR dog clothes... but my dog gets pretty cold when I walk her so I thought, 'OK, maybe I'll get her something'. Soooo, this is what she's getting >>> from the BaxterBoo website (tons of clothing options here) AND free shipping. Last time I got Tater a sweater, she absolutely looked miserable... we shall see how she likes her new clothes which should arrive today.

FIFTH... I just thought that there should be five.
And because I wanted to post this picture for Thanksgiving. :)



SIGNED: SISTER AND I ALSO ENJOYED THE DALLAS ETSY HANDMADE JINGLE BASH ON SATURDAY - SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO GET INSPIRED!

1 comment:

calista said...

Love Tater's signage. She looks totally stoked to be the sign prop. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Missed you around here!