"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air."
Author: Eric Sloane
Broke away to White Rock Lake yesterday and had the most enjoyable run. As usual the cyclists were out in number peddling in some sort of unified (spandex loving) force. In a strange way, it reminds me of the game Asteroids. I'm that one little solo runner girl... or the spaceship, trying to avoid all cyclists that surround me... I mean, they are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. The one difference. Unlike the awesome spaceship, I have no ammo on me to seek and to destroy. Not that I would, but I wish I had something clever to yell back at them when they yell out, "ON YOUR LEFT". Like I said, I don't know what that would possibly be but if you come up with something incredibly awesome, or just somewhat spectacular - leave a comment or Twitter it to me. Maybe a small handheld water gun to zap them as they zoom by... it might make the run and the miles go by with more smiles.
In other world news, I'm meeting up with my friend Christin (OMG WE SPELL OUR NAMES THE EXACT SAME WAY) tonight. Truth be told, we met off the internet and crazy thing is is that she lives in Chicago. It's all very interesting and totally awesome in my mind. Seriously, before Blogspot or Wordpress there was this even geekier website called (shhh!) Xanga that we used to blog on. And THAT'S how we entered our uber (yes, just wrote that), geek, but hey! we actually have lots in common with one another, friendship... across many many states. And if you want to read more about it all, here's my friend Jules' blog on our first meet up and how we came to all know eachother ---> MODERN DAY PEN PALS.
So that's what's going on and for a Chicken-n-Dumpling update... those dumplings were awesome, you should make them.
SIGNED: Check it out ---> ASTEROIDS, the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment