15 November 2008

SO GOES SATURDAY FROZE TOES

Sister Lindsay's team is in the NCAA playoffs. Tonight's game is their first round matchup against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps. Hoping it'll be a win for them... their bracket looks promising, so we shall see.

In the meantime... Outta the city and out to the 'burbs I drove today to pick up Miss Maggalicious who happens to be staying the weekend with me since the fam is out in California. Oh to be in Cali where it's a nice 90 some-odd degrees instead of 50 and getting chillier by the minute. My toes are froze and I probably need to stop with the coffee already. I figured out that I should never try to be productive on a Saturday. It simply does not work however hard I might try. I had high hopes for getting shiz done today but I have not accomplished anything other than dropping off old clothes at the Goodwill and catching up with a good friend which was wonderful. So, all and all... about to pack it up and head back to the city...

A few quotes from the book, The Shack (William P. Young) that I'm reading right now. I would recommend it to anyone...

The real underlying flaw in your life is that you don't think I am good. If you knew I was good and that everything-the means, the ends, and all the processes of individual lives-is all covered by my goodness, then while you might not always understand what I am doing, you would trust me. But you don't. 126

Evil is a word we use to describe the absence of Good, just as we use darkness to describe the absence of Light or death to describe the absence of Life. Both evil and darkness can only be understood in relation to Light and Good; they do not have an actual existence. I am Light and I am Good. I am Love and there is no darkness in me. Light and Good actually exist. So, removing yourself from me will plunge you into darkness. Declaring independence from me will result in evil because apart from me, you can only draw upon yourself . That is death because you have separated yourself form me: Life. 136


SIGNED: STAYING WARM

1 comment:

Melissa said...

here is a link to Geoff Ashley's (theology for the Village)commentary on The Shack.http://geoffashley.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/reviewing-the-shack/