26 September 2008

NO MO SNEEZES PLEEZES

How bout a post. How bout I’m sick. How bout I’m stinkin’ sick. How bout I was two hours late to work because I was unsure if I had any sick days left and didn’t want to resort to vacation. By the way... getting ready when you are ill is a slow and disastrous process (good Lord!).

Yes, I got my flu shot. But here’s a thought. What if I had the flu already when I got the flu shot? Then it wouldn't have worked, right? (Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding) How bout we just blame it on Oklahoma. Yep, that sounds good.

This really blows boogers (and I don’t care if that’s sick... because quite frankly, I am!). Shall we go through the symptoms already and then go drink a jug of OJ? Oh why not!

--> watery eyes
--> puffy and bloodshot
--> head feels like it wants to explode
--> ears stopped up
--> runny nose if not stopped up (simultaneously too)
--> sneezes
--> body aches
--> lungs want to collapse (sore rib cage… idk?!)
--> vomital feeling… though its just a feeling and won’t go away
--> fuzzy head
--> food doesn’t taste which makes it unsatisfying

Should I go on? No, I should stop. Weekend plans surely are a disaster, that is, if I had any that I wanted to partake in. Everyone is out to ACL. Some friends and I discussed that if we were to make an Austin City Limits shirt it would read, “ACL I TORE THAT”. It would sell big, I know it.

That’s all I got... I’m going to go stick Kleenex up my nose now.

SIGNED: TOUGHIN’ IT OUT

3 comments:

ginger said...

aw nuts. (ding!)

reading all of your icky sicky symptoms made me cringe... it does not sound like fun. hopefully this weekend will bring lots of rest and you'll be good as new on monday!

dang oklahoma. pretty sure it doesn't want us to come back. maybe we should go to nashville next. ;)

House said...

my brothers are heading to ACL right now. sorry you feel poopy. i had those same symptoms 2 weeks ago. it was miserable. i started taking sudafed severe cold, and i could feel a difference...that and aleve and zyrtech, and whatever else i could cram down my throat. feel better!

ckuretich said...

Sweetie!!!!! oh man. this is disastrous. and you are SO right about trying to get ready while sick - it is torturous and awful!!! I feel your pain. absolutely. shove that kleenex up your nose...and try some Claritin or - what's the other one, Zyrtec! Yes. both great allergy meds, even if you don't think it's allergies - it could be. i didn't find out until 2 years ago that i have really bad allergies and that is why I got sick every fall/winter without fail! Now i'm on Allegra & Nasonex and I can stop the insanity!

missin' your blog, gotta catch up...