Praise be the Lord, the I35 road was clear today… that’s because everyone else has the day off but me.
Hungry... Milk and Cereal The Remix song by G. Love for your morning wake-me-up.
So I came to work today with no breakfast… I had some crumbs from a bag of pecans that has been sitting on one of my shelves for I don’t remember HOW long (pecans don’t get old do they???). I was actually REALLY craving a donut with choco frosting.
Taking in account all the OOO emails that were flooding my inbox this morning, I wishfully thought there might be one good soul that would bring in some sort of tasty treat for the office. But no, none… nada, perhaps I should’ve been that person? Doo doo doo… at least we have the coffee. WORK coffee *bleh… but the saying goes, “no coffee, no workee”. So I’ll drink it and eat my pecan crumbs. Mmmm.
Sister Lindso comes home this weekend for mom’s birthday so that’ll be good times out by the pool. Ahh, summertime… so nice.
Had to clean out some older files today and ran across a little something special written last September. Don’t think I ever posted it… or maybe I did. Seems fitting for this Memorial Day weekend, so enjoy.
Bright Days
Bright Days
Dreamy lays
All in one confused haze
Wandering in a daze
Toes (1 2 3 4 5)
In a summer’s warmth
Barely awake barely feeling
Toes (6 7 8 9 10!)
In the shadow’s cold
Flags waving in the air
As ink pen glistens (listen)
Voices echo
Voices rebound
Bound
Bound as I’m found
Everyday things
Discussed now
Sitting right by doors that lead in
Doors that lead out
Doors windows pathways
They’ll never see
Never be.
SIGNED: SNAP CRACKLE POP – LONG WEEKEND!
No comments:
Post a Comment