04 January 2008

FOGGY SHA LA LA LA LA

I love Dallas in the morning when the fog is creeping around the tops of the buildings. Fog so dense that you don’t realize the buildings are as towering as they actually are. It’s beautiful really.

From time to time I frequently stop by RealLivePreacher.com. Perusing around yesterday, I found this paragraph that instantly captured my thoughts.
EVERY path may lead you to God, even the weird ones. Most of us are on a journey. We’re looking for something, though we’re not always sure what that is. The way is foggy much of the time. I suggest you slow down and follow some of the side roads that appear suddenly in the mist.

It reminds me of the Ginny Owens lyrics from the song, If You Want Me To, which I’ve written about on here before. I adore the lyrics as this is a song that has helped me through so many times when life has confounded me.

Sometimes it's good to “slow down and follow some of the side roads”. Better yet, sometimes it’s good to just halt altogether and get things back into perspective.


I did this last night in the quietness of my room. Journal in hand and Bible lying beside me… I was brought to a standstill trying to find a way through the fog that was suffocating any clear thoughts I might’ve had. Those times are hard to see… when all you want are answers or confirmation that life will run smooth and that the thorny times will pass.

So badly I want to see that small flicker at the end of the tunnel telling me that I’m heading in the right direction. So badly I want to know that I’m doing things right or taking the necessary steps to get to where I'm going. Where is it that I want to go? It’s not completely up to me is it really? As I type this I’m reminded that it’s not what I want, but what He wants.

And in the end, if I’m following and seeking what He would have for my life, then the fog isn’t as dense as it once was before.

SIGNED: LA LA LA LA

No comments: