14 January 2013

ITS A NEW YEAR, ITS A NEW DAY & IM FEELING GOOD

(iPhone picture taken - Deep Ellum | Dallas, TX)

It's a new year and one of my resolutions is to blog more.  Maybe just WRITE more... put my thoughts down on paper OR screen.  Writing has always been a great way for me to get out what's swimming in my head.  Though it's not a lot, it's something and it helps me be a little creative.  I dig that.

It's a new year and along with writing, I am doing this!  You take a jar (or in my case, an old vase) and write down one thing each day, then throw it in.  This lady who blogged about this wrote down funny things her kids would say throughout the day.  Seeing that I have no kids, my vase will probably be filled with dog stuff (no shame), things I would like to tweet but don't (Lord, help me), things I'm thankful for, random quotes from my friends/boyfriend, things we did, scripture and/or just about anything that happens that I can look back and remember.  Good idea, right?  Right!  So that's why I'm doing it.  For the memories and smiles.

It's a new year and Santa brought me a bike... hooray!  Thanks Santa!!  I haven't had a bike since I was a kid so when Santa drove up from suburbia and delivered the mountain bike to my doorstep, I was especially excited since there are so many mountains in Dallas to bike, right?  Right.  Okay, no... we have hills and trails and yes, we even have a lake too.  Actually from where I live, the Santa Fe Trail, which many Dallasites don't know about, connects Deep Ellum to White Rock Lake.  Once it warms up, I shall transform into Christin... Excitebike rider, or... okay, just excited to ride my bike rider! 

Next order of biking business is gear.  I never had to wear a helmet growing up, so finding one that I actually like is going to be a challenge.  Mushroom head.  Yes, I will have one.  Biking spandex.  No.  That's just a no.  Bike bell, tassels and a basket.  You ain't ready!!  And I'm not either.  See you on the trail.

It's a new year and I'm encouraged.  At the end of 2012 I sat down with my computer and wrote out some things from the year that stood out.  Flipping through my old calendar, it showed me the groups, bible studies and people the Lord chose to flood my life last year.  It seemed that when one study came to a close, another group of friends was starting one up. 

Here's how it that looked.  At the beginning of the year, I decided to do the Steps class offered at my church.  I was placed with an amazing group of ladies whom I laughed with, cried with and prayed with.  We met for a few months and then, as soon as Steps was over, I entered into a women's Recovery group with some ladies from The Village Church and other churches in the Dallas area.  There, the sweetest and most meaningful, healing times were found in a little garage-apartment.  I won't forget the love, prayer and healing that came through that study.  So throughout 2012, at some point, my friend, Amanda and I went through Beth Moore's Esther study.  We'd meet up about every Thursday to discuss our reading and watch the videos.  I'm thankful for my Amanda-friend, as I like to call her... her desire to dig deeper into knowing Christ and consistently encouraging me to do the same! Finally, a homegroup sprung up with some friends just around the corner from me.  Ba da bing, ba da boom!  A community of believers to do life with! - 2012 was definitely a blessing.  On that note - 2013 - we'll see what will be.

SIGNED:  MEMORIES & SMILES

2 comments:

calista said...

I haven't been good about blogging or writing either. Here's to a 2013 of better communication skills, whether communicating with oneself, or communicating with others :-)

I love the jar idea!

Also, you've got to be of the most stylish ladies on a bike. Ever. Helmet be danged.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see what 2013 has for you!