08 September 2011

GEORGIA ON MY MIND


In an hour or so I'll be Georgia bound for the weekend. My dear friend Casey-Caso is moving to Atlanta for a job there.

Our friendship began in 2005, the year I joined a women's smallgroup at the Village Church. Casey had just started attending the group as well. I don't remember our friendship being instant but something that grew. I knew this was a girl that I was interested in getting to know more about because we had similar interests.

Casey has a heart that serves others in unique ways. At the beginning of the year she came over to help clean the carpet that my dog had relentlessly peed on. What kind of friend wants to be involved in that??

When I lived in my old apartment, I gave Casey the spare key. Many occasions I would come home and my carpets would be vacuumed or my dishes would be cleaned, or she would leave little surprises like kisses on mirrors or stacked pyramids of chocolate bars in the kitchen.

I'll miss walking our dogs on Katy Trail, catching up while chomping down free pizza at Campisi's and Frankie's, Vino 100 nights and especially our queso Thursdays at Monica's with Andy.

She is a friend that I've been able to open myself up to completely. It has been good. Our friendship is one that has been truly a learning experience, one with patience and great understanding.

I'm happy to be taking this roadtrip. A big UHaul truck with two close friends will be a sweet way to remember the last days together until the next time we see eachother.


SIGNED: RELOCATION STATION

No comments: