01 February 2011

RAY DAY TO SNOW DAY

Dallas is under a crazy weather warning. For reals. Last weekend, I had the girls over to my place for brunch that ended up lasting almost up till dinner. It was long but really really great, and well needed because everyone seemed to be craving some catch up time. Here’s some pics.

(Trynh and Zuzana)

(breakfast burritos, potatoes, berries, salsa, flowers and mims!)

(Zuzana is apparently "whipping her hair back and forth" here)

(Trynh, Carrie, Alecia, Zuzana)

(Z and T on the terrace level)

(most of us... enjoying the weather)

(all the girls, except Caso... she was working but we made her a to-go and special delivery'd it to her work)

So note: we went up to the terrace level at my building. It was absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous weather ALL weekend! Only slightly chilly, we bundled up and created cuddles, snuggles and laughter along with so many good, well-needed talks – I do believe we are eachother’s personal therapists sometimes.


Okay, so that was January. Now is February and February has definitely changed for the chilly willys! So cold, so icy, so not friendly to me. Today on Foursquare, “Snowpocalypse” was actually a trending, “place”! Haha… yeah, I checked in.

So after a little adventure down the street to work, my friend Erika and I met up at Press Box Grill and worked the rest of the day. Outside looked so freezing and windy. We are able to have the occasional giggle when someone slipped or slid while walking by. It looked like the cartoons when someone steps on a banana peel… I envisioned them making the “whoa, wha wha wha whoa” wobble shout. Besides the people sliding, there were all the cars sliding (oh Texas drivers). There was this VW that could not for the life of him get up the slight hill on Ervay… he rolled back THRICE but finally made it up and made his turn. We all applauded him.

My dog doesn’t want to do her “business” and I don’t blame her. Right now, other than having to go outside to make yellow snow, she’s pretty spoiled. I bought her a new toy this weekend and its already tore up across my living room. Dang dog…. Looks like a balloon of confetti exploded and I really do not feel up to vacuuming it – at least the colors are pretty.


Enough of a random post, yo. I hope you find yourself warmer than most today. Cheers to when we can all be tan again and the smell of coconut sunscreen fills the air.

SIGNED: BRRR’NESS TO THE COLDNESS

1 comment:

Susie O said...

That is CRAZY - I was at PBG two weeks ago and saw that VW! I was back in the dining room, though.