18 February 2011

HAMSTER PIES & LOTS OF JAM

Hamster Pies, Lots of Jam and a new group I'm listening to this Friday called Architecture in Helsinki. Take a listen and looksy... do you like this video? It's good for today I believe.



A little about Architecture in Helsinki:
-they're a modern pop band
-from Austraila
-band members play all sorts of instruments including analog synthesizers, samplers, the glockenspiel and handclaps; to concert band instruments like the trumpet, tuba, trombone, saxophone, clarinet and recorder; and the more standard guitars, bass guitar and drums (crazy!)
-i think all their music videos are a tad bit quirky... in a good way.
-this music makes me want to be-bop around town
-sadly, the big Dallas is not on their tour list but you can prob catch them at a music festival, im guessing.
-i really enjoy the song, Souvenirs.

Yesterday's Grubtastic Thursday became everything it was supposed to be... dog park, Tater licks, couch time, clean time, read time, study time, running time... finally shower time. ;) Eventually my girlfriends and I made it over to Iron Cactus and enjoyed some live music. Last night's temps were in the 70's which is pretty nice considering I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt w/flops and it's still winter.


Twas a beautiful night... talk time, laugh time, quiet time, think time and it was all topped off with a rendition of Genie In a Bottle by the musician that was strumming and singing, complete with harmonica I might add.

SIGNED: BREAKING SILENCE WITH A SMILE... HAPPY WKNDS PEOPLE

No comments: