13 November 2010

OCTOBER IS FOR MUSIC FESTIVALS

A little delayed on the picture posting from these two UH-mazing festivals but here we go...

ACL:
Went with a handful of people and met up with friends in the great ATX. Love this city. Out of the two festivals I went to in the month of October, this one was spectacular. Perhaps it was spectacular because I saw my first LIVE Muse performance... a band I have loved over the years. Truly amazing and the crowd was UNREAL. We drove down Friday and caught a few bands but woke up early Saturday to see one of my personal faves, Lissie perform. She concluded her set with a rendition of "Pursuit of Happiness". It was awesome. I love her voice, her style and hope that she gains popularity over the course of this next year because she is definitely worthy. Here are a few shots that I, of course, did not take (broke camera). Found them off the ACL website.



VOODOO Fest:
Up next was New Orleans... for Halloween weekend. Two carloads and a few plane flights took 12 or so of us from Dallas right smack dab to Nola. Simply awesome. We enjoyed an amazing music festival with several DJ's from across the county and other artists including: Weezer, Muse, Oakenfold, Deadmau5, Crystal Method, Drake, Ozzy. Have to say the Deadmau5 concert was unbelievable... the entire crows was into it. The French Quarter and Bourbon Street stayed slammed the entire weekend. There wasn't anything incredibly odd or unusual that I hadn't seen before... especially since it was Halloween night... just some amazing costumes and great live music across the board. Hit up Pat O'Brians with friends from D.C. and Chicago Friday night and later at Club Amerpersand for an after party into the morning. Everyone had a blast this weekend and for my first time being in Nola, I have to say I enjoyed my experience. Here's a few pics taken from friends' cameras/phones.



SIGNED: NOVEMBER IS FOR REST & RELAXATION (and for birthday)

1 comment:

Influence said...

Wow did you take these pictures?? They're amazing, looked like you had a great time :)