GOING TO THE CHAPEL
Yesterday was my sister's bridal shoot at the Arboretum and in downtown Dallas. Two words to describe: unbelievably lovely. Walking through the gardens, I couldn't help but think that I am so proud to be her sister... she is exceptional.
QUOTABLE
All eyes were definitely on sister as she strolled and posed, strolled and posed. One little girl left her family and ran over to where we were just to say, "I love your dress" and then ran back away. Cute. A girl that appeared to be maybe four years old, while holding the hand of her mother asked, "So does this mean she's not single anymore???" Oh my! What little four year old knows what singleness is? Quite impressed with her knowledge, I responded, "but I still am" and secretly wished I was four again and thinking about my fairy tale prince charming. All the pointing fingers and "ooohs" and "ahhhs" made me smile as we continued the shoot hearing others comment, "she looks pretty" and "is she a princess?" It was a wonderful afternoon.
I'LL TUMBLE FOR YOU
Because of Spring Break, the place was crawling with adults and kids. What is it about large green, grassy knolls that makes kids (and even adults) want to practice out their gymnastics talent (or lack of)?! The tumbling and crashing was in full effect. Quite the scene watching a grown man perform his cartwheeling ability to his giggly, photo-taking girlfriend.
JOY DOWN IN MY HEART
-- my sister, of course: radiant, just like a bride should be
-- my mom: so helpful and has a wonderful heart, yesterday was fun for us
-- a newfound friendship developing with a really sweet soul: I only know that it's God's perfect timing that we are in eachother's lives right now... this relationship is already blessing me beyond words.
-- giraffes! I'm not sure... I just discovered a new love for this four-legged lanky animal, they are magnificent creatures and I credit all of this to Zoobooks
-- beautiful weather: been luving some long distance runs up and down the Katy Trail. Its been nice to leave the iPod at home and just listen to the world around when I jog... more runners should do this I think.
-- sprinkled donuts (just watch this... you'll be happy you did)
SIGNED: FINDING CALMNESS + CONFIDENCE DESPITE THE RUSH: Psalm 46:10
No comments:
Post a Comment