15 January 2010

THE DANGERS OF JENGA

Chutes & Ladders, Candyland, Life... What do all these games have in common? Yes, that's it. Safety! Safety begins with board pieces... not large wooden blocks that stack into teetering towers eye-level or higher.

Name of the game: Jenga- yes, you've heard of it before.


When the original, normal sized game is played, things don't get dangerous (as shown above). Good times, good times.

Jenga transforms into a dangerous game when the funsized blocks grow into 5" x 12" wooden weapons. When played correctly the larger sized game looks like this...


Okay, so last night... it was a complete accident. Things like this just tend to happen to my friend, Beans... pretty much always.

Everyone was out celebrating our buddy, Vinny's birthday at Barcadia (home of the giant Jenga game). Beans and I were partners and sooner or later, Beans or I pulled the wrong block and the tower started to topple. In the process, Beans decided to gently help it out by pushing some of the blocks down and out of the way. Okay... so it wasn't a gentle push... While I was standing there beside it, one of the giant blocks flew into my eyeball and BAM!

Yes, I teared up on instinct...
Yes, it bled...
Yes, it's a quarter inch cut...
Yes, it looked okay last night...
Yes, it looked worse this morning...
Yes, I'm thankful for the wonders of make-up...
Yes, it could appear that I got into a fight...
Yes, that's okay, I've got guns...
Yes, I'll stand a further distance away from the Jenga tower when it begins to topple.

Incorrectly and played inappropriately, results may look like this.


SIGNED: AND THAT'S HOW JENGA IS DANGER

1 comment:

mlg said...

;)

perfect timing for me to visit 31st through 4th.