14 August 2008

TODAY IS THURSDAY IS TODAY

Today is today… and today is also Thursday, even though yesterday felt like today. I’m playing a song on repeat today, which isn’t anything new when I tend to like something. Am I overdoing it?… Eh, probably but amazingly enough it doesn’t ruin the song for me. Listening to it play over and over again I agree is a tad overboard… but whatever, this song Hey Now Now by Michael Franti & Spearhead gives me the pep so I’ll listen to it that much more (not to mention there’s a rooster in the background)! East to the West, is also a good one plus many many more… this style of music is chillaxin’ esp during the summertime.

[SIDENOTE] My first date ever back in 9th grade was with an older boy (last time THAT happened.. haaaa) but anyways… How weird is THIS: On our date, he picks me up and Cross My Heart by George Straight is playing. I’m thinking, “ah, well this is a sweet song” but then it keeps playing… and keeps playing… and after dinner… keeps playing… and then after putt-putt (he was a nice church boy)… it was still playing! Come to find out later on… he wanted this to be "our song”. That’s the only time playing a song on repeat can ever be too much (really… just a tad weird/odd/strange and shall I say…forced?!).

Moving on to a more tasty topic… FOOD!! The week has been rather filling and I have to say I’ve eaten out a little too much… So much that I’m probably canceling my Steel reservations x4 for Friday at 6:45 – So if you want them or know anyone that does, they’re yours! I am just too full… that’s what Restaurant Week can do to you!

Last night Luis and I dined at Nobu and it surpassed all expectations. One item I’d recommend to you is the ice cream dessert, which came in the shape of a split hard-boiled egg. I received two… one pink and the other green. Some sort of gummy rice molding that tasted like berries made up the exterior and a creamy chocolate ice cream completed the interior. Delish!.. definitely not your typical ice cream or sorbet type of dessert but without a doubt, I am going back soon just for this tasty treat!

Tuesday night the fam and I dined at N9NE Steakhouse. Sister left this morning to go back to the happening town of Abilene for her junior year at Hardin-Simmons so in a way, it was a going away dinner. Of course everyone ordered steak and also tried their “hot potatoes” which literally lit my mouth on fire. I am in awe of how spectacular food can taste. Every item that I ate in the past two days was an explosion of amazing flavor, which is how fine dining should be.

SIGNED: “ONE TO THE LORAX WHO SPEAKS FOR THE TREES”

No comments: