19 August 2008

THEY DONT JUMP, THEY BOUNCE!

Umm, did anyone catch the trampoline event last night on the Olympics? All I can say is BOOOIING BOOIIING BOOING! Those girls were unbelievable!… real life Tiggers (yes, I’m 27 and just referenced Winnie the Pooh)…

Tigger: Come on, Rabbit. Let's you and me bounce.
Rabbit: Good heavens! Me bounce?
Tigger: Why, certainly! Look, you've got the feet for it.
Rabbit: I have?
Tigger: Sure. Come on, try it. It makes ya feel just grrreat!

But seriously, I completely enjoyed watching this event… especially the gymnasts form as they sprang through twists and flips… the pike to the extension was my favorite. And I also didn’t think as many of these girls sported the waaaay outdated hair scrunchie like so many other gymnasts tend to do (see: Ginger’s posting on this). Honestly I thought these girls looked more “softball” but that’s probably just because they’re actually normal sized and eat Big Macs and #2 combo meals at Burger King.

Today the iTunes is playing some Brandi Carlile. Now let’s talk music and seasons. Aren’t there just some songs or singers that remind you of certain times in life? Where the weather beckons you to play that old stashed away cd that’s gotten horribly scratched up from the floor of the backseat? Welp, that just about describes me and Brandi Carlile’s seasonal music relationship. Now the weather outside hasn’t magically time warped seasons (just got a vision of Mario jumping down a green tube)… BUT it has been considerably cooler which completely excites my soul and really makes me want to listen to Brandi… Cheerio!

Sorry I'm only
Human you know me
Grown up oh no guess again
My days always
Dry up and blow away
Sometimes I could do that too
But make no mistake that
When you need a friend
You could count on anyone
But you know I'll defend
The tragedy that we knew as
The end
Progress, changing
Growing then giving up
Somehow we're never quite prepared

But I understand it

(Tragedy lyrics)

So I shall… and eagerly await cozy football Sundays, bundled up couchside, driving the go-cart top down, and of course falling asleep to open windows at night.

SIGNED: ANOTHER SEASONAL FALL ARTIST – WEEKEND EXCURSION – LOVE THIS GROUP!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I really enjoyed watching the trampoline as well!! It's so fun!!

So, Brandi Carlise reminds me of you. You, and the fact that I've had to buy that CD three times.

Alecia said...

Trampoline? Man, there's every kind of sport in the Olympics. Craziness.