Last night I was sucked into the M&M Show. That’s Miley & Mandy for those out of the Disney loop-dee-loop. Anyone else been sucked into this or is it just me? I thought to myself, MY GOSH… these are some seriously bored girls! But then it occurred to me that I in fact was the bored one sitting there zombied eyed watching their nonsense.
I have to say that there was a bit of creativity for a few good episodes. Then M&M boredom set in and I ventured to Selena & Demi’s (other Disney tweeners) vlog that eventually linked me to Alyson Stoner, who happened to be that extremely talented kid dancer from all the Missy Elliot videos back in the day.
Vlog. Video + Blog. Would I ever?? Probably not, but it’s not entirely out of the question. I think my generation is more into blogging rather than vlogging even though they are both creative outlets. I believe the generation below was raised more in front the camera, like my little sister who seriously has Lindsay videos 1-4.
Think about the evolution of people and cameras…
Pictures of my grandmother and grandfather are stiff and non-smiling… recordings were on filmstrips with not that much sound. My parents owned a Polaroid and a Nikon and eventually bought a recorder that gave striking pain to the shoulder after filming for a mere 5 minutes. My older brother had numerous photos, my younger sister had numerous videos... I have a little of both. Kids today have cameras and videos on their phones… they are the least bit camera-shy. In today’s age everyone owns a camera of some sort forcing users to push their creativity with what they shoot and how they film making this form of expression more unique than its ever been.
Just some thoughts to ponder…
It seems to be the week of surveys. This one you can only type ONE word… Go!
1. Where is your cell phone? Car
2. Your significant other? Nada
3. Your hair? Clean
4. Your Skin? Tan
5. Your mother? California
6. Your favorite thing? Vacation
7. Your dream last night? Dogs
8. Your favorite drink? Chardonnay
9. Your dream/goal? Happiness
10. The room you're in? Office
11. Your ex? Eek
12. Your fear? Drowning
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Family
14. Where were you last night? Coppell
15. What you're not? Extravagant
16. Muffins? Banana
17. One of your wish list items? Simplify
18. Where you grew up? Coppell
19. The last thing you did? YMCA
20. What are you wearing? Clothes
21. Your TV? Off
22. Your pet(s)? Plants
23. Your computer? Mac
24. Your life? Blessed
25. Your mood? Jammin’
26. Missing someone? Always
27. Your car? Miata
28. Something you're not wearing? Perfume
29. Favorite Store? Thrifty
30. Your summer? Sweaty
31. Like someone? Maybe
32. Your favorite color? Rainbow
33. When is the last time you laughed? Earlier
34. Last time you cried? Movie
35. Who will reply to this? You
SIGNED: VLOGGING... WOULD YOU?
1 comment:
Nice point about generation and their uses of media. I was at the big idea's conference yesterday (speaking non the less) and a wee little scotsman said this to me (he was probably 35ish). "I can't get into the facebooks and the twitter. It isn't that I don't see a value you for it, it is that I just can't speak the facebook language" I asked what he meant. "Well like the photographs people put up there, facebook has seriously changed the way we take pictures. The thought of sharing an individual picture is on the front of people's minds when they take it. Of course pictures have always been shared, but they are in groups with a narrative and usually you are there to explain things. Now most of the pictures you see the picture taker isn't there and often the pictures aren't grouped together so they have to stand alone."
I thought it was an interesting and valid point. I thing about facebook etc. not always, but it is on the back of my mind when I take photos or am in photos. I know this is going to be seen by people quickly and probably without me there.
Maybe next visit we can put on a theatrical performance of M&M. I'm a huge Miley fan. *)
Post a Comment