25 February 2008

AWE OF THE DAY

Lemme see, lemme see. Today has been ho-hum so far. But this cuter than cute picture made me smile...


I presume after 5pm will be mucho better. Then I shall enjoy the beauty of the 80 degree day with a nice yog around the park. Yog because my legs are spent. Too much interval training lately has my legs sore. So I will yog... Which means walk + jog.

I came across some amazing quilts today on Denyse Schmidt's Quilts site. My favorite being this quilt entitled, Drunk Love in a Log Cabin... which grabbed my attention immediately because it does sound like a silly good time, wouldn't you say? Onward we go... here is the quilt in all its glorious color of squares, squares and more squares.


Denyse says this was one of her first designs and what is greatness about the work is that it is created without a pattern. So each Drunk Love in a Cabin quilt that she stiches is completely original but based upon the same concept: each block being cut and stiched from the center out in an intuitive way - a process that is more like painting or collage than quilting. I heart it... but would never in a zillion years pay the $5,200 asking price!

Today... no creative spark was alive... so I have this to tickle your fancy pants.


SIGNED: TIME TO KICK IT

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Yay, so glad to see you have a blog! I have seen that Ps. 23 girl, but it def blessed me yet again. I can't believe I have two girls either, but I can't imagine it any other way now. So glad to reconnect with you- stay in touch (so I can live out my singleness that is no more through your fab life). :)

And, that quilt is awesome, but I can think of a LOT of different ways to spend that kind of dough!

Christopher said...

FIRST! I have that pic on my blog already of the hamsters lol. Beat ya on that one... too cute indeed... See if you can find it, if you can, hit me a comment, when you do, I'll buy you dinner and a movie. Fun times! Happy hunting.

Christopher said...

LOL... check this guy out!
http://goodwatermusic.com/