Now seriously, if you haven't checked out this girl... you should, she is amazing. I am in love with almost all of her songs and would love, love, love it if she came to House of Blue, Dallas to perform.
Her name is Sara Bareilles and the song is "Many the Miles". I would also recommend "Gravity" and of course "Love Song".
Basically, you should just purchase the whole dang album off of iTunes (it's a mere $6.99) because it is SO great.
So this song.. "Many the Miles"... I love the lyrics... they stir or just hit something inside of me that makes me feel happy and blessed for where I am in life.
Being in my mid-20s is just a rough and hard stage to go through. Sometimes what makes it harder is the fact that I'm still single. At times I consider that life would just be much more ideal if I had already met that "special someone". However, growing up, I always knew that I wanted a stage in my life to support myself. I wanted the independence and knowledge of knowing that I could make it on my own and not have to be dependant on someone else for my financial stability.
So, here I am... 26 years old and God has given me everything I've ever asked Him for. I live with my two best friends and have made it on my own. I think all three of us would agree that there are those lonely times where you do desire the companionship from a guy. But I definitely know, without a doubt, that we're all growing stronger.
The process of being patient and allowing myself to enjoy life where I'm at is always a challenge. I constantly have to keep reminding myself that God has a beautiful plan for me... and to always trust Him with it. If I lose my hope and try to do things on my own, they without a doubt end up going bad. Many events/craziness in the months since moving to downtown Dallas can back that statement up for sure (right roomates?!).
Times when I'm not happy with the decisions I've made or upset by boys... I've know that it is such a unique experience that the two of my roomates and I share... to be able to share, cry, laugh and figure out all these obstacles together. I wouldn't trade it for the world right now even, when times are hard.
So life is rough... but I can always remind myself to be thankful in the good times and in bad. It's hard! Who really feels like being cheery or happy and thankful when everything is going wrong?!! Those are the times though... the times when we must remember to rely on our Lord! If only we could ALWAYS remember that even when His response isn't as IMMEDIATE as we'd like, or the ANSWER we'd like.
Give thanks though! Because its in those times of patience, when we're waiting on the answer... He's slowly growing us into stronger individuals in His own, purposeful way. And it's on PURPOSE that he also allows the good things to happen too. And when they do, its great and lovely... but we better remember NOT to get "caught up" in so we forget how he brought us out of the bad times too.
So, I say praise Him in good or bad. He's working. Most of the time we just can't see it. It'd be a lot easier if we could.. but would you rather have instant results or the fact in knowing that He's alongside, helping you the whole way? Life is so much easier when you depend on Him for all your needs and not just yourself.
SIGNED: "MANY THE MILES" LYRICS IN THE NEXT POST
1 comment:
Ah... I love this... I'm just so thankful we are all going through the lonely single days together. AMEN to the whole trying to do things on my own. I'm just soooo thankful for second (and many more) chances!
Post a Comment